K-Swap Parts List
KSWAP Parts List
- K24A; JDM K24 - recommended
- K24A2; 2004-2008 Acura TSX (06-08 is best) - recommended
- K20A2; 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type-S - recommended
- K20Z1; 2005-2006 Acura RSX Type-S - recommended
- K20Z3; 2006-2011 Honda Civic SI - recommended
- K24A1/A4; Honda CRV, Accord, Element (not recommended)
- K20A3; 2002-2006 Acura Base (not recommended)
- 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type-S / Base - Recommended (no conversion required)
- 2005-2006 Acura RSX Type-S / Base (speed sensor conversion required)
- 2005-2006 Acura RSX 2006-2015 Honda Civic SI (speed sensor conversion required)
- Clutch - stock clutch will work. Clutch recommendations vary of the rest of the set up.
- Flywheel - stock flywheels or lightened flywheels both work dependent on application
- Axles - Stock 2002-2004 Acura RSX Axles work with EG, EF & DC. Upgraded axles are recommended on EKs due to the natural angle slant that occurs from using the stock EK subframe. You also have the option to use the EG subframe in the EK but the axles are still not as optimal compared to the EG, EF & DC models. There are also upgraded Hasport K-SWAP axles that are stronger than the stock angles. Rated to hold 400HP.
- HalfShaft - The 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type-S halfshaft is stronger compared to the 2002-2004 Acura Base halfshafts. Both halfshafts will work
- Shifter Cables - Stock 2002-2004 Acura Type-S or Base. Hybrid & K-Tuned also make shifter cables.
- Shifter Unit Shifter Plate may be required
- Hybrid (allows interior to stay stock)
- Motor Mounts
- EG - Hasport or Innovative available
- EK - EKK1 (for stock subframe), EKK4 (for EG subframe - EG subframe better sits the engine, axles, etc.). Innovative mounts that hold 2 engine lean options are also available.
- DA - Hasport or Innovative available
- DC - Hasport or Innovative available
- Throttle cable - This depends on what chassis you're building. For the 92-00 Civic & 94-01 Integras, a shorter throttle cable by Hybrid is recommended. In the EK chassis, a standard throttle cable is recommended. You can also use a stock throttle cable from a 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type S or also Hybrid makes an OE replacement throttle cable.
- K20a2 crank sensor
- K20a2 knock sensor (for K24 swaps)
- Headers - Fitment of the headers depends on the chassis you're building, what motor mounts your using and what engine is being used. The K24 engines stand taller compared to the K20 engines requiring a shorter header etc. There are many headers available.
- PLM Tri-Y K-SWAP Header (K20 - EG, EK, DC2)
- PLM Power Driven K-SWAP Header (K20 - EG, EK, DC2)
- Skunk2 K Series Hood exit header (K20 - EG, EK, DC2 w/ lean)
- full exhaust (dependent on chassis)
ECU & Wiring:
- ECU (02-04 Acura RSX Manual Base or Type-S)
- Engine harness
- Stock 2002-2004 Acura RSX Type S or Base Harness
- Rywire K-Series tucked harness
- Conversion harness (chassis specific)
- Charge harness (universal)
- K-Series Fuel Rail
- Fuel Line Kit
- Radiator Hoses
- Coolant reservoir
Timing chain & timing tensioner - K-Series tensioners are notorious for making a 'slop' noise upon start up. Remedy that with a stronger timing tensioner & fresh chain. We recommend the inline tensioner
- KPRO - This allows your car to be tuned. This can add considerable horsepower and improve drivability. We have tuned nearly stock KSWAP cars at ___, WHP including the dyno tune at the bottom of this page.
OBD1 coolant temperature sensor & fan switch - The fan switch will need to be wired onto the thermostat housing. Sensors can be used off a 94-95 Acura Integra.
Wideband sensor - This allows the car to better automatically calculate fuel corrections ultimately resulting in a much more stable idle. You will need the primary 02 Sensor from 02-04 Acura RSX Type S.
Additional MISC Components that may be needed:
- Clutch bolts. Part # 90034-689-000 (x8)
- Flywheel Bolts. Part # 90011-PNA-B00
- thermostat housing